Treat yourself with this gorgeous, lightweight scarf or wrap to wear in spring and summer. Short rows alternated with lace rows are used to create a light wavy pattern with a bubbly effect. It’s great to use yarn with a long color gradient, but it works as well with a solid color.
The six page pattern PDF contains:
- row-by-row knitting instructions for this scarf
- schematics to illustrate the short rows
Besides basic garter stitch, you need the following skills to knit this scarf:
- Basic lace stitches: i.e yo (yarn over), k2tog (k2 together), ssk (slip slip knit)
- German short rows with double stitches (however, the pattern explains how to adapt it to use the “wrap and turn”-method, too).
The finished piece (knitted in fingering weight yarn) measures about 46 cm in width and 170 cm in length.
You'll get a 6-page PDF with the complete knitting instructions for this scarf as well as schematics to illustrate the short rows.
- You'll get a 6-page PDF with the complete knitting instructions for this scarf as well as schematics to illustrate the short rows.
- Size2.05 MB
- Length6 pages